At KIVO Art & Gourmet Hotel we are committed to operating with respect for nature and the environment, considering that this enhances the experience of our guests.
Our commitment has earned us the Green Key international ecological sign for “green” management and the environmental practice code which we adhere to.
Some of these activities are as follows
- Electricity savings through the substitution of low-energy consuming CFL and LED light bulbs for conventional ones
- The use of solar energy to cover hot water requirements
- Recycling of paper, aluminum, plastic and glass
- Recycling of cooking oil into bio-fuel
- Recycling of electrical appliances and ink cartridges
- Use of recycled and non-chlorinated paper
- Recycling of water for irrigation
- Most fruit and vegetables, as well as the olive oil, olives and honey we serve we produce ourselves
- Environmental training of our staff
- Visits to the protected wetland at Koukounaries
- Support for stray animals