Kivo Creative Greek Restaurant
by Giannis Baxevanis & Jérôme Serres in Skiathos Island
This season, Kivo Art and Gourmet Hotel has brought another award-winning chef on board, Jérôme Serres, to collaborate with Giannis Baxevanis to create a brand-new menu for the hotel, influenced by traditional Greek recipes and using organic greens and herbs grown on the island itself.
Renowned chef Giannis Baxevanis has taken traditional ingredients (such as wild greens) and age-old Greek recipes and put his own stamp on them to create a series of new, innovative dishes for Kivo. He has been credited with a number of awards, both in Greece (such as Chef of the Year) and abroad (he was awarded Chef de l’Avenir by the Académie Gastronomique Internationale). Giannis is currently gastronomic consultant with Fouquet’s in Paris, the Culinary Institutes of America in San Francisco and New York, and Elia in Dubai, which won the 2014 Time out Dubai Highly Commended Restaurant Award in the category of Best European Restaurant, and the BBC Food Magazine Middle East Award as one of the best in the emirate. He is also credited with a very successful course of cooking lessons for children and has written the book “Giannis Baxevanis – My Best” (Kastaniotis, in Greek).
Working with Giannis for Kivo this season is acclaimed chef Jérôme Serres. After graduating from the Ecole Hôtelière and went on to work at a number of well-known restaurants in Paris, before opening his own award-winning restaurant, Le Champ d’Allium, in the beautiful village of Lautrec in the South of France.
He later moved to Greece, where he collaborated with famous chef Jacques Chibois at the restaurant Spondi, gaining a Michelin star and scooping the award for Best Restaurant in Athens. He later opened a restaurant in his own name and the Eradinus Hotel in Athens, where he gained a Michelin star after just four months.
He then went on to open a restaurant in Lebanon which was also hugely successful.
- Because, as you enter our place, the views will take your breath away…
- Because our experienced staff will welcome and treat you as you deserve…
- Because the fragrant dishes will overwhelm your senses… It will be a hard choice!
- Because you have the option of two restaurants: one with the creative Greek cuisine by acclaimed chef Giannis Baxevanis, and the other with modern Asian cuisine and its exotic delicacies…
- Because we are proud of the extra virgin olive oil and excellent olives that we produce and use in cooking and salads.
- Because the honey that sweetens our creations is of an excellent conifer variety that we also produce ourselves
- Because the vegetables and herbs we use are organically grown from traditional seeds and without chemical additives in our own garden, which you can visit…
- Because if you have any food allergies or require any nutritional changes to the menu all you have to do is inform your waiter.
- Because of the fine, new-generation Greek wines from our cellar…
- Because you will want to try all the desserts…
- Because the atmosphere and the music will make you feel so good, that you will not want to leave…
- Because you can learn to cook what you like best in the cooking classes held by our chef…
- Because we at KIVO will do everything in our power to make your experience unforgettable!
Kivo Creative Greek Restaurant venue
Kivo Creative Greek Restaurant dishes
Kivo Creative Greek Restaurant is located in Kivo Art & Gourmet Hotel, on Vasilias beach in Skiathos, Greece
Latitude: 39.156966° | Longitude: 23.468031°
View our Location on the map Directions →
Do you want some other reasons to become a fan of KIVO RESTAURANTS?
Come here to create them together!